Today I want to talk about how to get out of the thinking trap and into action mode, even in lockdown. If you see the lockdown as an opportunity to pivot your life’s direction, then you are one of the top few. If you have been bingeing on news and conspiracy theories, then this might be just what you need to get you back on track to make 2020 your transformation year.
· Feeling clueless, totally confused about which direction to take?
· Finding it increasingly difficult to show up at work and dreading returning to the office when things normalize?
· Tired of spinning ideas in your head endlessly without making headway?
· Channeling your energies in so many areas but without direction?
· Rethinking your business because sales have dropped, or you lost clients?
· Feel like you’re being left out of all the opportunities out there today?
· Ready to get some clarity about what next?
· Ready for simple actions that help you move forward?
If you answered yes to any of those, then keep reading.
It starts with a change in your mindset about the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown. There are three types of people in the world today, which one are you?
1. Doing nothing about your life – a little downtime is good but what have you accomplished over the last weeks of lockdown? Do you binge on news and conspiracy theories all day? Are you obsessively monitoring the numbers and spending all day judging the world and playing the blame game? Has the pandemic made you lose all sense of hope and the only song you hear in your head is of doom and gloom?
2. Waiting for life to do you – are you waiting to see what happens post the pandemic, leaving it all to life to decide your fate? You know there’s an imminent economic downturn but wait to see if you still have a job or if your business crumbles completely to act. Are you depending solely on the government stimulus package or other relief so not worried about the future or making any plans towards it? You know the world has changed but haven’t figured out how it affects you.
3. Accelerating life – are you thinking proactively about the new world and opportunities that come with the change? Are you fiercely working on your goals more than ever? Are you taking advantage of the extra time to create a new direction for your life and not waiting for the media to define the outcome? You have devised a new strategy and pivoted your business models, launched a new business during the pandemic, or decided on a new career to match the new world.
If you fall into category 1 or 2, there’s some good news. It is not too late to change your trajectory. Here are some tips to get you started:
· Limit the amount of news you feed on, stay informed by all means but don’t spend hours switching channels.
· Spend some time getting to know you and what you’re passionate about, discover your dreams and purpose.
· Get clear on what you want at the end of the pandemic, what are the top things that make you happy with your progress.
· Take advantage of the free courses out there, there are so many education platforms right now, take advantage of them.
· Get connected with people online and start building your network, there’s no social distancing online.
· Create an action plan on what you want to accomplish over the next few months
· Get focused and start smashing your goals
· Take action and do what you said in your goals.
· Get coaching to accelerate your success so you don’t have to do it alone
These are difficult times for everyone and the next few months/years are going to get worse before they get better. Going through the motions means getting the same results and most people but that’s not who you are. Some people come out victorious, happy for a time to innovate and create while others allow in self-pity blaming the world and the government for their loss.
You are a Rockstar, you were created for more, for greatness. Don’t give up on your dreams now, you’ve come this far so keep pushing.
P.S. Be kind to yourself and others – we are in this together